Friday, October 28, 2016

Re-Bodied "The Wanted" Celebrity Dolls

This summer I discovered and purchased two new dolls online at Walmart.com.  They are Max and Silva, of “The Wanted Group” produced by Vivid.   I love the unique facial molding that celebrity dolls usually have.  In my opinion, these guys have extremely well sculpted faces.


Here are some shots just so you can get an idea of their height in comparison to Ken and a regular sized fashionista.   Kinda short, eh?


As you can see, both these guys are about the same height as the regular size fashionista.


These two dudes will be used as my donors.


I’d like to add to their height and also have them articulated so that's why I chose these dolls.  Both these doll have the type of necks that will accept the new heads.  To give you an idea of his new height..........  He's now head and shoulders over his previous height (no pun intended LOL.


As you've noticed, the complexions are slightly off so I will blend a few acrylic paints in order match the body to the face.



Lesson learned, I should have primed these dolls with a base coat of Matte Acrylic sealer before I started.  I just painted the upper body and will paint their legs at a later date starting with the primer of course.  Couldn't let Max be the only one with facial hair!



Here they both are looking quite debonair after being redressed.

Thanks for viewing!

2 comments:

  1. I love the now bodies! How close is the complexion match?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were much better after I painted them. The "Wanted" dolls have a sort of gray tinge to them. I had to blend a few colors to get the body to match.

    ReplyDelete